Wednesday, August 19, 2015

CD Review: SERPENT WARNING s/t by Abyss Forgottentomb

SERPENT WARNING
Serpent Warning
I Hate Records
http://ihate.bandcamp.com/album/serpent-warning
The vocalist holds melancholy typical of Norse bands (which is what touches me at first as always). I can't stop thinking this sounds sometimes like Candlemass and Ensiferum. It's a pure masterpiece of doom. The magnificent voice is full of emotion, and has a certain strength inviting you to walk and fight in your life. What an enjoyable moment from this musical company! Every part of this album sticks together; you can't listen to it superficially because they know how to take your soul away. The vocal melancholy just reminds me of the band Týr; it's like a spectral journey. Just lay down, close your eyes and let the mind float around their music. The whole album kicks ass from the beginning to the end. That's a good recommendation I received, and seriously I recommend it. -Abyss Forgottentomb

No comments:

Post a Comment