Tuesday, October 27, 2015

CD Review: NECROMANCING THE STONE Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

NECROMANCING THE STONE
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Metal Blade
I can't say more than "wow". The first track sounds quite like my idol Lizzy Borden. Old school with clear vocals. Metal with this kind of vocals make this album perfect. A beautiful voice I can say makes the lyrics like poetry. How great to listen to it, also because it sounds hard'n'heavy, twisting and rolling like the old metal bands. It's like I was back in the 80's/90's. The members really work good together; this is a rare band that still cares about what they are doing. They do music because they love it, not because they wanna sell first. Some bands I listened to some moments ago don't need my words because they forgot the quintessence of "what-doing-music-really-means". Three tracks, more than four minutes each. Why only three? We need more! Better than an orgasmic feeling. Seriously, we need more bands with this kind of emotion in their vocals. It's really dark and beautiful, exactly the way I like it. And seriously, the vocalist really impressed me with the high vocal tones. The drummer sounds never tired, no hesitation, the guitars following, and the band reminds me of Enslaved. My two favorites in one entity, Enslaved and Lizzy Borden. I wish to thank you; your music is amazing. -Abyss Forgottentomb

No comments:

Post a Comment