Saturday, July 29, 2017

CD Review: BEREFT OF LIGHT Hoinar

This is my first time listening to the Romanian project BEREFT OF LIGHT, but I must say, whilst listening to this so I could review it, this was an entirely spiritual experience. The combination of powerful black-metal and beautiful melodic acoustics made me cry like a baby. Tears streamed from my eyes as I listened and I was consumed by the beauty that this release inspires. I am a fan of black-metal, but it is not often that the music actually touches me to the point of tears. There is a ton of sadness within this release, but there is beauty within that sadness. Fans of LIFELOVER and maybe SHINING would find this music to be a gem within their musical collection. I have had my own battles with depression and this release made me contemplate my own battles with despair. From start to finish, this was a journey within my own mind. Introspection was key as I wandered deep within my own psyche. The metal was amazing, but as I mentioned before, the acoustics were absolutely beautiful and heart-warming. A descent into my own sanity, this music touches me like most music does not. A must listen for black-metal fans. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Uitare
2. Legamant
3. Pustiu
4. Freamat
5. Tarziu

No comments:

Post a Comment