Friday, October 6, 2017

Film Review: The Thinning by Sophia Cynthia Cabral

Thriller
Release date: October 12, 2016
Companies involved: Cinemand, Kids At Play, Legendary Digital Media
Director: Michael J. Gallagher
Starring: Logan Paul, Peyton List, Lia Marie Johnson
Plot: An exam that determines the fates of 5% of the population done yearly, the ones that fail are executed plain and simple but the truth is much darker than that actually.
Review: Ok the premise is interesting but honestly it’s poorly executed. So you basically get rid the failing ones of a test… isn’t it, by logic, more efficient and cheaper to just limit the number of children a family can have? At most, sterilization of the population could be a healthier and less morally screwed alternative. I honestly couldn’t stand the acting; it felt quite forced and the plot felt quite unrealistic even more as I watched on due to the lousy acting. Couldn’t watch long (about ten minutes or so) before deciding to give up, since I did not feel any bond with the characters or the movie itself as a whole package based on the little I could stand. Honestly so not my cup of tea if you ask me. I’d say to keep away from this movie if possible, not like if it was the Bubonic plague, but near that. -Sophia Cynthia Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment